A lanky, dusky lady who mixes well with the crowd. She could make herself invisible and she could make herself noticed as she wills. She is ordinary. She is extraordinary. Initially, you will see what she wills to show you. With time, if you care to read her, she might reveal herself. Like you, like everyone around you, she has a deeper side, a darker side that is often left unexplored. She is a world in herself; as tender as the butterfly wings and as destructive as the blazing flame of fire.
That was a write up to give the intriguing first impression about me. Please don’t get scared. I sort of like extolling myself. Well, I am a bloody narcissist and I realised that late.
I am a normal person like you. I have my masks. I change them as and when I choose to. So, it is difficult to give you an exact description about me. That is precisely why over the years this ‘A Shade of Me’ page on my blog has been changing. After a while, I feel as though the description about me isn’t apt. Yes! You guessed it right. This too shall change.
Born in Cochin/Kochi, aka ‘The Queen of Arabian Sea’ which is a city in Kerala, aka ‘God’s Own Country’ which is one of the Southernmost states in India, I love describing my hometown thus. To know a bit about Kochi, you could read my posts (Kochi Diaries 1, 2, 3).
I am in my late twenties and trying to figure out my life. Pursuing Chartered Accountancy, the only thing that I have figured out for sure is that, I want to become an author. Writing has been my passion since childhood and I intend to write until my last breath. Apart from that, I sing quite well. I prefer singing bhajans and melodies. You can listen to some of my songs in this post, where I have sung some of my favorite songs. I am also passionate about dancing. I haven’t danced much and haven’t taken any classes either. I will soon enroll myself for one. I have also ventured into paper quilling.
I love Dark Chocolates. Ask me to choose from a heap of other chocolates and one dark chocolate, I’d prefer the latter.
READING. I was introduced to novels by my father. I always regret that I wouldn’t be able to read enough in this lifetime. I prefer fantasy, suspense and mystery. Harry Potter is my Bible.
I get addicted to English Television Series. I have watched HIMYM, Big Bang Theory, Two and A Half Men, Game of Thrones and FRIENDS. FRIENDS clung to me like no other. It still does!
- Magic is Real. Miracles exist.
- I believe in God. Many tell me they don’t. They tell me they believe in a power, but not in God. I tell them I name that power, God. They disagree. I realise that they find it cooler not to believe in God, but in a Power. I agree to disagree.
- I believe in free spiritedness. Though you might find me self contradicting. I am a growing soul and there is a lot left to learn.
- I believe that LGBT do not require a Government approval. Humans were before the government. Love is beyond anyone’s control. A group of narrow minded individuals CANNOT force their belief upon the mass.
- I believe that prostitution must be made legal. Making it illegal doesn’t seem to work. Does it? Making it illegal doesn’t give those women another means of living. Does it? Even if it does, will we stop looking at the sex workers in the filthy manner. No. We have been taught to look at women like them with disgust. We haven’t been taught empathy. At least, let them live. Make it legal. Let the women earn and educate their children.
- A small act of kindness goes around and comes around. Bringing a smile on someone’s face makes the world a happier place. I do not wait to make huge changes. I try my best to make little ones like this.
Purple is my favorite color and there is nothing like Black. I cannot choose from among the two, yet, Purple IS my favorite color. So is Black.
In case you were wondering, I am Ranjini; meaning ‘Delightful; the one who entertains, brings joy to others.’ Ranjini is another name for Goddess Parvati; Consort of Lord Shiva.