HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
The year has begun. As I pondered over the things I am looking forward to in 2016, I realised that it is pretty much the same as what I aspired for in 2015. The reason? I did not give enough importance to them in certain cases or well, they just did not happen.
The solution, I decided, was to prepare a list of things I want to get done by the end of 2016. I wouldn’t be over ambitious and say that I want them all done. But, if I get across more than a half, I’d be delighted.
- Get a Job – Well, I need one for many reasons. One being, I will begin my saving spree to do a course in Fashion.
- Write Better – I have to improve my grammar, vocabulary, polish my language, use better ideas, write on better topics, reduce writing gibberish. I want to write posts that are more meaningful. What I am doing now is, just writing away.
- Read More – I am preparing a list of books I intend to read this year:- A Song of Ice and Fire Series
– Book Thief
– To Kill A Mockingbird
– Hunger Games
– Perks of being a wallflower
There are more to come. I’ll update the list as and when I remember them. I want to venture into reading motivational and psychological books. That would happen only if I satiate my hunger for these fantasy novels I have been craving to read.🙂
- Focus on Music – I have been intending to start a youtube account and upload some of my songs there once in a while. Since I am comfortable with singing bhajans, that is what I intend to start with. Yet, I am hesitant somehow. I am not sure it is a good idea. Maybe I’ll know that when I start.
- Learn everything I have been intending to learn – Dance, Driving and Swimming. I began my swimming classes. I am just halfway through it. I should begin the rest too. And I believe it WILL happen in 2016.
- Go on 5 trips – I never went on trips until 2015. Now, I feel like exploring more places. Due to many reasons, going on trips from my home isn’t an easy task. Hence the number, five. If I make it, it will be an achievement.
- Keep Spreading Happiness – I believe that little things can bring happiness and one need not do great things. It is good enough if one does a tiny deed of kindness. I want to do more of such deeds of kindness and spread smiles this year. Even if that means spreading smiles through my posts.🙂
- Quill More – I was planning to make more quilled creations in December. But I couldn’t even get close to my supplies. I was that busy. I should make more quilled creations. Not just that, if I can, I’ll learn more art related stuff.
- Become a More Serious Blogger – I started this blog because of my passion in writing. This place will be my home, always. A place where I can write anything and everything that my heart tells me. But, I want another abode, more refined, where I write for more reasons. I am not giving the entire details here. But, it will take shape.
- Learn a New Language – I love learning languages. I know Tamil (Palakkad accent), Malayalam, English, Hindi & little bit of Sanskrit. I am not very fluent in Hindi and will be working on that. Plus, I will learn a new language. I am not sure which one though. Any suggestions?🙂
- Spend More Time with me – I prefer having someone to accompany me always, everywhere. When I am alone, I feel like I could be spotted easily. While people with me, drown my presence. This habit has been making me too uncomfortable when I am alone. It is high time I changed that.
The list is prepared. Now, all I have to do is to remember that I have a list, come back and check every now and then to ensure that I am progressing. Let us wait for 365 days and see what we have in store at the end of it. Right?🙂
I’m sharing my #TalesOf2015 with BlogAdda.